My daughter is chocolate crazy and double chocochip muffins are her absolutely favourite.
I make these sinful mocha muffins combining her love of chocolate with my craziness for coffee.
These are most decadent, soft, moist and delectable chocolate muffins and you don’t need any frosting on it to enjoy them.
Just warm them up and enjoy them. I love pairing them with vanilla bean icecream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce as a plated dessert.
Make and share your experience with me as to how you like them. To make them healthy I have used half all purpose flour and half whole wheat flour. If you wish you can use only all purpose flour also to make them more softer.
Makes 12 medium muffins or 9 large muffins
- All Purpose Flour (maida), 1/2 cup
- Whole wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Cocoa Powder, ½ cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Amul Butter – 1/4 cup , Room Temperature
- Sugar – 3/4 cup ( granulated sugar brown or white )
- Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
- Instant Coffee – 2 tbsp mixed in 3 tbsp hot water
- Full fat milk – 2/3 cup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Chocolate chips – 1/2 cup
- In a pan , heat 2/3 cup full fat milk and bring to a boil. Add lemon juice and mix. The milk will curdle and separate.
- Switch off the flame and let the whey separate for a minute. After a minute, strain and reserve the liquid . This is instant buttermilk which we will be using. The solid is the paneer , which you can use in other dishes. Let the buttermilk cool down to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees for about 10 minutes. Line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a bowl, sieve all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk butter until light and fluffy, for about a couple of minutes and add in the sugar. Whisk again for 2-3 minutes, until the sugar is combined and the mix has increased in volume.
- Add in the vanilla essence, and coffee granules diluted with water and mix again until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to this mixture little by little and keep alternating with buttermilk. You will end up with a smooth , nice batter.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix with a spatula to distribute them evenly. Reserve few to top the muffins.
- Pour the batter evenly in the muffins moulds and fill them until ⅔rd full. Add few chocochips on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 180 degrees for about 18-20 mins.
- Cool in pan for 5 mins and then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve warm.