A warm bowl of tomato soup is soup satisfying and it’s a bowl full of nutrition. Mostly, my tomato soup never turned out to be really good. Either it was too thick or too thin.
Then I came across this recipe and made soup this style and turned out to be the best ever restaurant style tomato soup made at home.
It’s super easy and once you start making this soup, you will never go back to restaurant soups.
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 6-8 Tomato, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Degi Mirch
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 3-4 cloves
- 4-5 Black peppercorns
- 4-5 seeds of black cardamom
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Big Onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Coriander stems
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- In a pressure cooker heat some oil . Add ginger garlic paste , black peppercorns, seeds of black cardamom and cloves. Sautee for half a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sautee again for a minute.
- Add salt, degi mirch powder, turmeric powder and enough water to just cover the tomatoes. Mix everything well. Close the lid and give it 2-3 whistles.
- Once, the pressure drops , open the cooker and keep tomatoes aside. In a kadhi heat add butter and add onion and 1 tbsp sugar , sautee until translucent and add the cooked tomato mixture and cook it for 10-12 minutes.
- Leave to cool . Once the mix is cooled, add coriander stems to tomatoes and blend it into a fine puree in a mixer drinker or a hand blender. Strain it with a soup strainer and add back in the kadhai.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning and boil for 5 minutes.
- Serve the warm soup topped with some cream with oat breadsticks.