Coconut flavour cookies taste yumm with a hot cup of tea. Add in the goodness of oats and honey and we get a healthy cookie.
It’s crispy at bottom and soft and chewy in the centre. These chewy cookies are super delicious.
I made them like regular cookies as my kids and father like them chewy. Next time I aim at making them much thinner to get them more crispy for my husband’s liking.
This recipe yields 15 normal cookies. You can make 18 or 20 of them for thinner ones.
I weigh entire dough and then divide it in equal portions by weighing them on a digital scale. That ways I get similar cookies.
- All purpose flour – 100 gms
- Butter – 90gms (I used amul butter)
- Honey – 50gms
- Castor sugar – 40 gms
- Desiccated coconut- 50
- Rolled Oats or Normal oats – 45 gms
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Boiling water – 2 tsp
- Vanilla essence- 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl, add softened butter, honey, castor sugar and vanilla essence. Whisk them for 2-3 minutes till it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the flour to the butter mixture and mix well together to make a smooth batter.
- In a small bowl take baking soda and add boiling water on it. Add this boiling mix to the flour batter.
- Fold in oats and desiccated coconut and combine to form a smooth super thick cookie batter and not a dough.
- Cover with cling film and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Pre- heat oven at 165*c for 10 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Take the dough and divide them equally in 15 equal balls for chewy cookies or 18 for a crisper cookie.
- Place the balls on the tray and press slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden in colour.
- Take out of oven and leave in pan for 10 min and then cool on a cooling rack.
- When completely cooled, store in an airtight container.