Besan Modak are my son’s favourite modak. He loves to eat them once a week and its super easy to make them. I prefer giving him this rather than any other outside dessert.
Its a gluten free healthy modak recipe and you can make and enjoy in every festival.
If you want to make more more kinda of modaks for bappa, try the following recipes too:
1. Mawa Modak
Makes 12 Modaks
1) Besan – 2 cups
2) Ghee – 1/2 cup
3) Powdered sugar /Desi khand – 1 cup
5) 5-6 kesar strands
- Heat ghee in pan, add besan and roast until it becomes golden brown on slow flame.
- Keep stirring continuously so that the besan shouldn’t burn.
- When it becomes aromatic, Sprinkle 1 tbsp of water and keep stirring till the bubbles disappear, takes 3-5 mins.
- Remove from pan and keep aside to cool.
- When the mixture has cool down to room temperature, add powdered sugar, kesar and mix well.
- Grease the modak mould with some ghee, press the besan mix well to form modaks.
- Open and de- mould modak carefully. Keep in an airtight container.