Smoothies are an awesome healthy and super tasty way to start your day. Even more brilliant breakfast option after a night of binge eating or party.
Its a low fat, no sugar, high in fibre, rich in nutrients, filling , super delicious and done in few minutes. Just throw in all the ingredients together in a blender and its done. Its easily adaptable to your taste. If you don’t prefer walnuts or almonds just don’t use them. But it tastes sooo much awesome with them.
Its a great way to feed almonds, walnuts and chia seeds to my kids. Sometimes they freeze it in ice cream moulds and eat it as ice cream . Make and relish this and have a healthy day.
- 1 cup – Almond milk
- 1 tablespoon – Chia seeds
- 5-7 Almonds
- 2-4 Walnut halves
- 4-5 Cashewnuts
- 1 – Apple (red if u like sweet, green Granny Smith for the crisp flavour)
- 1/2 tsp – Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp – Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp – Maple syrup (adjust as per your taste)
- Ie cubes
- Dice the apples in small pieces. Add in all the ingredients except milk in a blender.
- Add milk little by little and blend all the ingredients together. (Please Note : too much liquid at one go will not give a creamy texture ).
- Add the ice cubes , blend once and its done.
- Blend well and serve cold. You can garnish with some cinnamon powder and some cranberries if you wish.
- I prefer soaking chia seeds for at least an hour in almond milk so that they bloom and becomes more creamy on blending.
- You can dice and freeze apples overnight and use them. Reduces the need for ice cubes.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg if you like its taste.