Brownies !!!!! The word is intoxicating and drooling. I am a brownie lover and so is my daughter. My son doesn’t eat chocolates but loves to take them for his friends in school.
My daughter wanted to eat a choco lava cake and my son wanted Oreo brownies for his friends to party in school on last day of grade 6.
So, I made these choco lava Oreo brownies… 2 in 1 and I . It turned out way better than expected and it got over in a zap leaving my son’s friends asking him to get more. These are one of the easier recipes, made in a pan using a hand whisk and spatula. My son made these with me helping in operating the oven.
Make and enjoy these decadent brownies and eat them warm. Microwave for 30 – 40 seconds before eating to get the choco lava effect.
Makes 9 thick brownies in a 8×8 pan. You can use a 13×9 inch brownie pan for thinner brownies but i loves these gooey thick brownies.
Butter ½ cup or 115 grams
Dark Chocolate, 300 grams
Caster sugar, ½ cups or 100 grams
Condensed Milk, 200 grams
Milk, ½ cup
Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
Coca Cola, 120 ml
All Purpose Flour , 1½ cups
Cocoa Powder, ½ cup
Baking Powder, 1 tsp
Oreo Cookies, 9 pieces
- Grease a 8X8 inch baking pan with butter and line it with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 160 *c.
- In a large bowl, melt butter and chopped chocolate in microwave until melted completely. Make sure you stir the chocolate butter mix every 15 seconds to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Once melted, add caster sugar, condensed milk and milk to melted chocolate and whisk together with a hand whisk.
- Next, add in the vanilla, followed by the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa and baking powder) and finally the Coca Cola.
- Whisk everything until you have a smooth batter. Pour this into your prepared tin, and line the top with Oreo cookies.
- Once done, bake these brownies in a preheated oven at 170 degrees celsius for 30-35 minutes or until the top looks cooked. If you insert the skewer at this point it will come out wet because of all that melted chocolate. If you use the 13×9 inch baking tin then these will take about 25 mins.
- Cool 10 mins in pan and then on a cooling rack for an hour. I generally refrigerate them before cutting them in squares.
My kids like to cover the top of warm brownies with grated Lindt chocolate and then decorate with rainbow sprinkles. You can also garnish them with chocolate sauce and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.