The fresh , intoxicating aroma arising out of the kitchen when I bake these cinnamon rolls are enough to make my kids run towards them and eat then while they are hot.
My daughter loves to eat cinnamon rolls and as a children’s day special she wanted me to make them at home.
This recipe is specially for her. Its super easy to make and turned out so much better than my expectations.
Eat them while they are hot and if eating later warm them for 30 secs in a microwave.
I made them smaller in size because it was for kids. You can make them of a bigger size if you prefer that.
For the dough:
- 3/4 cup warm milk mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice keep aside for 5 minutes(Instant buttermilk)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 3 tablespoon softened butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
In a small bowl, mix buttermilk with sugar .
Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, active dry yeast and salt. Whisk well.
Add oil to butter, and mix well
- Create a well in the centre of dry ingredients. Add butter oil mix and mix well with hands.
Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour gradually and knead until you get a smooth dough, will take 7 – 10 minutes of kneading.
Cover the dough and keep in warm place to rise, for 1 or 1 1/2 hour.
- Mix all ingredients of the filling together and keep aside in cool place.
- Once, the dough has risen double in size, divide in two parts. Roll one part dough into a rectangle 12″ by 9″.
Spread half the filling with your hand on the rolled dough.
Roll it up from the longest side, roll tight but not too tight. Pinch the ends tightly.
Cut the roll into 8 slices and place on baking sheet. Repeat with the other half of dough. I used dental floss to cut them neat .
- I used an 8″ pan to stack them together. You can use a baking sheet so that they get more space to rise and bake .
Cover the rolls and let rise for 40 minutes.
Preheat oven to 180C. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until it’s golden. Take out and cool on rack.
- Mix the ingredients of glaze together and pour on warm rolls.