Sometimes i crave chocolates in crunchy form. Chocolate cookies are beyond comparison the best things to eat but that crispiness craving is left unfulfilled. Hence, here is the crunchy chocolate biscotti which are in short twice baked cookies.
3/4 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida) , (more for dusting)
2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon Baking powder
5 tablespoons Caster Sugar
1 tablespoon Milk
5 tablespoons melted butter
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Pistachios , coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Whisk butter and caster sugar in a bowl until a smooth texture.Then add vanilla essence, milk and whisk a bit more.
- Now add all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, coarsely chopped pistachios and chocolate chips. Mix everything well to get a sticky dough.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Place the whole dough on baking sheet and shape into approximate 6 cm wide and 20 cm long log. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool at least 15-20 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut the log into 1 inch thick slices. Place the slices on their sides on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and take out. Flip them and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. It will become even more hard after cooling.store in an airtight container and enjoy the chocolate crunchiness whenever your heart desires.