The aroma of freshly baked garlic bread is heavenly. The flovours and aroma wafting the moment the oven door opens envelopes you and makes u bite the super hot garlic bread.
This is a super easy, no fail and perfect every time recipe. Try this and you will never ever need to try any other recipe.
1/2 cup warm water
1 teaspoons plus one pinch dry yeast
1/4teaspoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2?tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (u can use half whole wheat n half all purpose also)
For the topping
In a bowl make a basting mix of 1 tbsp minced garlic, 2 tbsp butter ( measure then melt) , 1 tsp coriander leaves, 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp black pepper powder , 1/4tsp green chillies
For stuffing (optional)
Small bite size balls of softened mozzarella cheese or pizza cheese
- Measure water in a measuring cup, then add the yeast and sugar. Stir gently, then let sit until it’s active and foamy. This will happen within 5-10 mins
- In a large bowl, stir salt, oil, and 1 cups flour and keep stirring in the yeast mixture as you go, using a wooden spoon. Add the half cup of flour and then stir until you can’t anymore. Remove the spoon and then use your hands to work the dough into a ball that is slightly sticky.Knead for 10 mins to develop gluten
- Oil a second large bowl and rest the dough ball, then brush top lightly with oil and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Place in a warm area of the kitchen and let rise until doubled in size, about 1-2 hours.
- Punch down the dough and knead the dough for couple of mins. Divide the dough into 8 balls.
- Oil and dust a 5″ round pan. Stuff each ball of dough with a ball of mozzarella and arrange in the pan so that the balls are touching each other and packed together. Baste the top with garlic butter mix and cover with a cling film and keep inside an oven with lights on and keep for an hour or till the balls double in size.
- Preheat the oven at 180·c for 10 mins. Bake for 25-30 mins. Knock to see if it sounds Hollow. Let it cool on a wire rack ….Baste with light butter when out of oven.